When is that girl gonna POP?!

Molch

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of the alpine girls is huge; her lower abdomen has that wobbly jello-look on either side, she has a voracious appetite and at Press time she was seen hanging out behind the flower pot with two very attentive males, doing some of the old hoo-hah.

How long will grandma have to wait until there are eggs? She has lots of different plants in the tank; surely one of those will meet her approval?

A second female is also beginning to look pretty jello....

It shouldn´t take long. Just make sure that among the variety of plants there are some that suit their requirements. They can be very choosy on occasion.

We demand pictures!
I cannot answer your question about when, have you read your horoscope?

They cant be that picky!, I am sure they will pick one.
What temperature are you keeping them at? raising the temperature might encourage her to lay (just an idea).

they are at 58 F; she has java fern, Bacopa, Rotala rotundifolia, Shinnersia, Vallisneria, some Elodea, wisteria, and a sprig of Ceratopteris. What else could the girl want?

Maybe a couple candles, a bubble bath, bottle of wine? ;)

Have you tried increasing the temperature to like 62?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back