T. marm having a bad shed

cso

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Calvin
My T. marm has been having a bad shed for a bout 2 days now. It's about 1 year old. It's never had any issues before. Should I just leave it be or help it out somehow?

How could you help it? I think the amount of touching involved to help a shed would be harmful to the animal.

I just wasn't sure if there was anyways to help. I'll just leave it to sort it out?

How are you keeping it? Why do you think it is having shedding problems? It is probably a husbandry issue. You should figure out what is causing the problem and address it.

I'm keeping it aquatically with plenty land area but it spends most of it's time in the water. Ammonia and nitrites are 0 ppm and nitrates below 5 ppm.

It is hard to say what is causing the problem. I know that forcing them to stay aquatic can cause skin problems. To high humidity can cause problems if kept on land. If the problem persists I would treat with Furan 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back