Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

GBR Press: Frisky frog's rubber duck sex

wes_von_papineäu

Our Roving Correspondent
Reaction score
OK, so it's not a salamander ... but the item is still ... umm ...cute?

METRO (London, UK) 13 March 08 Frisky frog's rubber duck sex
Photo at URL below: Getting jiggy with it: Frog and rubber duckie get close
A confused frog hopped on board a yellow plastic duck hoping for a bobbin' good time.
The four-inch tall duck seems a bit surprised at the sudden slimy embrace from the amphibian.
The odd photo was captured by charity worker Mike, 49, in his nine ft by six ft garden pond.
Father of two Mike, of Hexham, Northumberland, said: 'I just happened to look out to the garden pond and I saw the yellow duck bobbing about on the surface.
'I thought 'Whatever is going on there?' 'I went to have a look and it was clear the frog had gone a bit barmy and was trying to mate with the duck.
I managed to get a photo while it was still clamped onto the duck.
'All my friends think it's a great picture and for some reason it looks as if the duck is in shock.' Mike keeps the toy duck in his garden pond to make sure ice does not completely cover the surface in the winter.
'It's been in there for a few years so this has probably happened quite a lot without me ever noticing before.'
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=117754&in_page_id=34

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
"You're just too good to be true.... can't take my eyes off you... you look like heaven to touch... I want to hold you so much..."

wes_von_papineäu

Our Roving Correspondent
Reaction score
Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky, you’re the one.
You make bathtime so much fun.
Rubber Ducky I’m awfully fond of you.
Boo boo de doo!

Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise.
Rubber Ducky, my very best friend is you.

One, two, three, four!

Everyday when I make my way to the tubby,
I find a little fella who’s cute and yella and chubby.
Rubber dubber ducky!

Rubber Ducky, you’re so fine.
And I’m happy that you’re mine.
Rubber Ducky, I’m awfully fond of,
Rubber Ducky, I’d love a whole pond of,
Rubber Ducky, I’m awfully fo-o-o-o-o (hold note)
-nd of you, too, boo-boo-be-doo!

Lasher

Reaction score
Thats was good for a little giggle. Even funnier is seeing a frog trying to mate with a tennis ball('rents pond, in there for the same purpose)!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I have photos of several male Common frogs attached to a dead female. I also have a photo of a male Common frog "getting it on" with a male toad. Conclusion? Common frogs aren't fussy.

Thats was good for a little giggle. Even funnier is seeing a frog trying to mate with a tennis ball('rents pond, in there for the same purpose)!

Lasher

Reaction score
I have photos of several male Common frogs attached to a dead female. I also have a photo of a male Common frog "getting it on" with a male toad. Conclusion? Common frogs aren't fussy.

I was going to drop in an anecdote about 'horned frogs' here, it was just so terrible I couldnt bring myself to hit the submit button.

They are undoubtedly the chavettes of the amphibian world, just look at all the thigh on show!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1