Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Julia
This is written and published by James Grundy for the native newts of England, these being the smooth newt, the palmate newt and of course the Great crested newt.
It contains over 60 photographs and divided into easy to read and follow chapters. I particularly appreciated the newt photos. It informs you on how to tempt newts into your garden and pond. Having read this wonderful little book ( A4 size) I realised that my plans for a newt friendly pond would not work, it prevented me from making some quite big mistakes. The book also contains information on how to monitor and record your newts, observing and handling newts and useful contacts.
I ordered my copy through Amazon.

I ordered a copy from James directly through Ebay. A fantastic, informative book with lots of clear photos of our native species. Sound advice on how to set up and maintain a newt pond in your garden.

Thumbs up-a great read!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back