Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding earthworms

grius

Reaction score
Hi MartinBr.

Im pretty sure this will not work, i have tried everything but they dont want those worms. I have even let them lay in water for a longer time, but not one our or more. I shall try that thoug and se if i have any luck;) I really hope so..I always feed them with tongs.

I have no idea about that head thing, but that is the part they refuse most hehe.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
What i do is pinch the worms several times with the tweezers to make them exude, and then rinse them thoroughly and dry them a bit with paper towels. It works for me.

grius

Reaction score
What i do is pinch the worms several times with the tweezers to make them exude, and then rinse them thoroughly and dry them a bit with paper towels. It works for me.

If it only was that easy with my salamanders. Have you heard off this kind behavior befor? salamnder with probleme eating worms and that worms continue crawl out the mouth.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, and it´s happened to me in the past.
Either keep being patient or change the species of worm...

grius

Reaction score
Okey. Thanks for answer, "good" to hear that it is just not mine.

I will try to get my hands on lumbricus terrestris and see if those works..I have really tried to feed worms several month but with no result, so i belive a change is necessary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1