Idea for small wormery?

if i quickly boiled them couldnt i just treat the water in the pot before putting them in it?

I don't see why not, you'd need a designated 'worm pan' I should imagine, I don't think I'd like the idea of eating food cooked in it once it had had worms in ;)

I don't mean for you to put the worms in a pan of boiling water and treat them like spaghetti, when I say scald them I meant put them in a colander or sieve and tip boiling water over them, my friend does it as for some reason her amphibians won't take the live worms.

ah ok ... i already have designated things for my betta tank ... i can just condition the water in a microwave safe bowl then heat it to boiling ... i may prefer that if they are too big

I was just thinking about it and can't a wormery just be kept outside? If I ever get a chance to make one we have a large backyard

How well do red wigglers breed? I don't want to be ordering new worms every other month I would like if it would self maintain other than needing fed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back