United States
Wow, I'm sitting on a gold mine!

link to eBay listing

Listed in category: Everything Else > Weird Stuff > Really Weird
SALAMANDER MUMMY mojo totem KING OF FIRE POWERFUL MAGIC

Starting bid: US$300.00

Photos: dried-up salamander

Description:
I thought of making up a mythical magical story about this little guy, but he is pretty awesome without a made-up history. He is a dried, mummified salamander who didn't decompose for some reason. ? Because he is the remains of an animal, he can't be shipped out of the USA. So... no international bidding.
I have researched the salamander symbol. He is the Fire King because he is supposed to be able to withstand fire. He symbolizes faithfulness and courage that can't be destroyed. He symbolizes chastity and temptation that can pass through "fires of passion without stain." But don't consider him harmless. I have read that among all poisons his is most powerful.
For those who believe in spells, charms, mojos, totems, and such things, I only sense good from this little Fire King. I like him. If he sells for the relatively large amount I ask, then I will know he really IS good luck! Thanks for looking!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Wow, me too! I've kept escapees who dessicated, I keep them in a jar. I have Little Macke in one (remember him?). That is really funny!

Thats crazy, If only knew I would be rich to.

Drats! I knew I shouldn't have thrown out my tupperware full of dessicated corpses!

That's amazing, I have a handful of salamander mummies in the basement too! Let's hope they're a high demand item! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19,720
This is kind of a frightening statement:

...because he is supposed to be able to withstand fire.

:eek:

-Eva

I forwarded that link to Grumpet and only said, "Check this out!" Five minutes later he called me up,
"You're not thinking of BUYING that, are you?" Sometimes I just want to bang my head against a wall.

Ironic, that the seller describes him as:
"He is the Fire King because he is supposed to be able to withstand fire. He symbolizes faithfulness and courage that can't be destroyed."
but obviously he shriveled up after ten minutes outside his tank.

The idea that they can withstand or are even born from fire is also why firesalamander is called as it is. They were seen coming out of logs put into a fire and in combination with there fire-yellow marks and a burning toxin that was enough proof in the middle ages.

I know, I know, old thread, but it made me laugh. And the below statement has some powerful logic in it. Kind of a circular logic, but powerful nonetheless:

If he sells for the relatively large amount I ask, then I will know he really IS good luck! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

so now you know I surf old threads when I get bored at night...

LOL, wow can't believe this kind of weird stuff is on ebay and it's for $300!

Can I just say that dead sal looks like he's popped out of a b-grade Shakespere production?
"And now...I die" *Insert overly dramatic choking/gasping/dying-ness here*

I seriously hope you guys arnt going into the dried up newt buisness, you will be selling shrunken heads next lol.

To dig up a fossil thread, my male T.granulosa turned into a mummy. Female decayed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back