Icebreakers

CocoaAndTea

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not much goes on here.. so I thought this up to get to know a little bit about each other.

Answer the following questions:

What is your favorite color(s)?
What is your favorite season?
What is your favorite animal (s)?
And share a few random factd .
Mine are:
Green and blue
Fall
And honestly there are so many, salamanders cats, dogs, horses, sloths, and many more.

I am an artist, a gamer, a cook, and a movie/TV show junkie. Very emotional, I'll be the one crying during a movie, during a sad or happy moment. I probably dont like most if the nusic the kids di these days.I am a master at trivia but have a terrible memory otherwise. Hate math, love science and always in pain :/
I don't know what fashion is, and am the type who will wear anything clean. I am currently marathoning the Twilight Zone.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

haha.
1. Royal blue 2. orange 3. violet
Probably summer, but I like something about every season
Liger (not a joke. They're pretty awesome)

I'm graduating from pharmacy school in 2 months, so then I'll be a pharmacist manager of a Shopko up in Wisconsin. I'm involved with lots of music and theatre in my spare time. I have 4 axolotls.

Ok, so...

1. Can I have polka-dots? If not I like purple best.
2. Definitely summer, with spring a close second.
3. Tricky one this, not including my newts, tortoises, Koi and Bambam my Shar pei, I'd have to say piggies. One day, when I have the room, getting a little squeeler will be the first thing on my list. :)

I'm a car and truck mechanic by trade, so apart from the herps I've always been into cars, especially Volkswagens. We have a 1968 VW microbus that I restored about five years ago that we use as often as possible in summer for holidays at the seaside or out in the country. It's a tight squeeze, but Lisa, Bam and me just about fit in the bed in the back of the 'bus. At least we're never cold in there with a sweaty Shar pei sleeping on our feet!

1. Green
2. Spring/Summer
3. Cats, Dogs, Newts, all critters really... I even like spiders!

I like watching the NCIS tv series, like movies with plenty of action, like to game (FPS and RPG's) on my computer. Spend a lot of time gardening outside in the Spring and Summer, and always getting new plants even though i'm running out of room. Looks like i'll be keeping busy with my newly terrestrial CFB, the little critter is so wee it's crazy! Enjoy maintaining and landscaping my tank :) - always something to do in there and i'm always looking for interesting plants to add - will be going to a local Spring fish and plant auction to check out more aquatic plants soon. We have two cats and two dogs as well as our aquarium and love their unique personalities! :happy:

Blue.
Spring, February specifically.
I love all animals but Caudates mostly, and within Caudates there are a few genus i like best ( Taricha, Ambystoma, Tylototriton, Salamandra).

I love mountain biking and biking in general, also i have played baseball from when i was 7 to last summer (i'm done now). I don't watch a lot of TV, but when i do its usually Gold Rush or Mythbuster (which just ended forever :( ) or a survival show of some sort :p I also watch The Office on netflix. I'm also one of those people who might seem like a woodsy nerd kind of dude, like i climb trees for fun sometimes, hike around in the woods just for the heck of it, put up a trail cam to watch wildlife, and am not afraid to get dirty.

Let's see...
1. Green
2. Spring and winter - also summer if not too hot and last autumn I decided to like it, too!
3. Young toads are extremely cute, spiders (species native in Finland = small), but I like almost all animals...

Well, I'm a mother of three so there's always quite a lot going on; a physiotherapist working most with elderly and disabled (I couldn't see myself working with unknown kids, I'm too shy and unauthorative to make them practise as needed); a messy person who hates cleaning and avoids it until I really have to (happily I clean tanks more often than house - husband sometimes does mention about that ;) ); don't watch TV at all except some random movies with family; like nature, camping, playing floorball in our funny women & children group, practising TRE, singing while driving a car, bicycling & rollerskating :)

#1 aqua blue (like on my profile page)
#2 summer ( born in June, plus its always summer in Hawaii right? : )
#3 Tough one! Can I say I like any animal that likes me? : )

I Love going to the beach and picking shells while my husband surfs. I make jewelry out of them for friends and family. I enjoy watching the T.V.series Bones, Collect POP! Figure$$$ : / I also look for opportunities to be a couch potato so I can have movie marathons and snuggle with Toby my Chihuahua. (I'd say husband but he works a lot) Oh, and of course, spying on my Tiger Sals. Usually, though, two pairs of goggly eyes are spying on me instead!

Hmm..

1. Purple
2. Fall
3. Probably hellbenders! Also cassowaries are super awesome.

Let's see,
I've lived in Colorado my whole life and I love the outdoors. I've done a lot of research in a lab and now I work at a local pet store (fish and herps) which has fostered my love for fresh and saltwater fishkeeping. I hope to further my animal husbandry skills and work in a zoo someday.. OH! And I'm also a massive dinosaur nerd. :D

Orange, spring, cats/dogs/birds/reptiles/amphibians

I left a boring office job delivering electronic results at a pathology lab and now stay home with two little kids, ages 3 and 6. I've been married about 10 years to a former video game reviewer who is currently a professional manga copy editor. (Nice career path, right?) We have 2 shrimpy dogs, 2 cats, 3 ribbed newts (in a 50-gallon tank in our dining room), 1 ball python, and many fish spread among a pond and 5 small aquariums. Hobbies include converting my front yard into a mini orchard/vegetable farm, taking on too many home and yard improvement projects, baking, arts & crafts, playing Lovecraftian board games, mocking terrible horror movie marathons, throwing themed children's parties for my kids and husband (last year was Star Wars theme Thirty-"Sith" and year before was "Thor"ty-Fifth), planning wholesome family outings, and staying up too late binge-watching Netflix.

My favorite colors I would have to say are either Gold, Orange, Yellow, Tan, and Gray

Fall and winter are my favorite seasons, I love the cold!

Favorite animals are pretty much everything on this list (It's a long one): iNaturalist.org · Favorites, cliygh-and-mia

And even though I'm young, I love reptiles and amphibians, amphibians especially, but I'd photograph a snake if I found one, lol. I love to go herping, and I also love to eat, and watch internet videos.

Something I'm going to add to make another question for everyone else, Where do you want to live? For me, I have to say the Pacific Northwest, specifically the temperate rainforest areas, the trees look amazing, all the streams do as well, and a lot of my favorite animals live there as well

Colour - red
Season - summer
Animal - all of them!
Random facts:
I make EXCELLENT fudge. As verified by 2 celebrity chefs (The Hairy Bikers)
My husband is a viking.
I have a dozen tattoos.
I get bitten by animals a LOT - apparently it's because animals like me and think they can be overfamiliar, not because they don't like me. I am regularly knocked over by dogs so they can sit on my lap or lick my face. But I am an animal whisperer.
I have cheated death twice - once when I was late for a train, and the train crashed, once when I had my son and had complications.
I originally wanted a puppy, but ended up with axolotls...the rest is history.

Purple
Fall
I love all animals but I have a special love for reptiles and amphibians.

I have been herping since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I was co founder of River City Reptiles. Later I was voted in as president. My biggest achievement would have to be; giving a lecture on venomous snakes and the dangers of handling them. Mr and Mrs Sherman Minton (famous herpetologist ) came to listen. They later came up to talk to me and we became friends up until his death.
Now at age 54 I am disabled with MS. Keeping amphibians and sharing my knowledge with my grandkids is important as I have always believed conservation through education.
I have studied tiger salamanders the most but all in the mole salamander family fascinates me. I have 2 red Doberman pinschers. I live in the woods. My yard is backyard certified wildlife habitat. I made a couple of amphibian ponds and put out corn and bird feeders which are shared by not only birds but squirrels and deer.
I love music, tool, disturbed, etc. I love walking dead ,Z Nation. Anything Zombie.
Where would I live if I had a choice? Alaska. My MS made me heat intolerant. To go out in summer here in KY I have to wear special attire with ice packs to stay cool.

What is your favorite color(s)? Blue
What is your favorite season? Fall and Spring
What is your favorite animal (s)? Dogs, Salamanders
And share a few random factd . Guitar and Brazilian Jiujitsu consume my thoughts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back