Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

HELP!!! Baby axie not eating

Emilysaxie

Reaction score
I have a juvenile axolotl. His tank got pretty foggy in the last week or so and It concerned me so I did a major deep cleaning. NOW in the past 3 days, he's stopped eating. He's had maybe 4 bloodworms. He's been such a good eater in the time I've had him. I don't know what to do. I'm so worried and I need help.

KumquatSquats

Reaction score
do you have a water testing kit? thats the first step

you need to be able to know pH, Ammonia, nitrAtes & nitrItes (if you can, try not to rely on the test strips, they arent very accurate compared to the liquid test)
Gh and Kh tests are good too but not a necessity

Hayleyy

Reaction score
What kind of deep cleaning did you do? Too much of a clean will remove all beneficial bacteria and cause a cycle crash.
As above test all parameters and let us know. You may have had a bacterial bloom, which is normal and eventually clears. If you have a photo of the tank before you cleaned it that would help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!