Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bentley and Benz

Rhandi Claxton

Reaction score
These are two of my babies, that as they grew their back legs seem to become deformed. They are in a breeder net in their parents tank. Not sure what to expect, but they are eating, pooping, and growing. They do swim around (kinda sideways). Has anyone had axolotls with this type of 'defect'. I don't think that they will 'straighten out' but, I do hope they will continue to grow, and thrive.

Attachments

• bentley_and_benz (2).jpg
    bentley_and_benz (2).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 435

Rhandi Claxton

Reaction score
Oh dear! :(
Looks like a spinal problem, doesn't it?! Don't know what would cause that, but does seem a shame, as they look healthy otherwise!

They act, and eat and poop the same as the rest of the babies. I would love to know what would cause that. They are still keepers:D They are about 3 months old now.

MinaNZ

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what happened to these two Axolotl's, I have one that is very similar and I'm trying to find out what could be wrong with him. Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!