Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Neurergus

P

patrick

Hi,

Are there any people on this forum who keep and breed Neurergus strauchii(golden variant)and
Neurergus crocatus?
Thanks

Gr.
Patrick

A

andy

Hi Patrick, i don't keep Neurergus.....but as far as i know the "gold dust" morph is something that happens very rarely with Strauchii....i don't believe these can be bred to create a line of gold dust animals....but i could be wrong.

P

patrick

Hi Andy,

I already thought about that to.. but i just wanted to ask it, but maybe it's possible right that you could breed with these animals?
If there are people on this forum that have some ..lett me know please.
Thanks

Gr Patrick

wouter

Reaction score
As far as I know, the golddust morph is extinct. There was someone who said that he still had some, but his reputation isn't fantastic, so I'm sceptical about this.

I suppose the golddust animals can be bred the same as the flavistic T. carnifex, their gen for the golddust morphology will probably be recessive.

P

patrick

Is there somebody on this forum who has experience with Neurergus crocatus?

J

joan

William, there are gold-dust morphs of various species. I think they're specifically talking about Neurergus gold-dust morphs.

A

andy

Will is talking about gold dust Neurergus....a guy in the UK had some.

P

patrick

These so called "Golddust" variant is very interesting.. they look very different then the normal Neurergus.S.S.
Does anyone know if they are rare?

W

william

well Wouter believes they are extinct.

Andrew why do you say 'had'? it was my belief that he still had some. But you my well be right.

S

sergé

Golddust was a colour morph in the first breedings in Germany. It was not as common as flavistic morphs, and there could still be some around, but I haven't seen them in years. And all people I have asked don't have them.

Crocatus is nearly extinct in captivity. We can just hope that the few remaining animals will be bred one day. They are in hands of experienced people so if they can't breed...we will have to wait until holiday trips to Iraq are available again....

A

andy

Hi Will, he may well have them still....just presumed he'd moved them on...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1