Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Set-up =)

Neke

Reaction score
No axolotl as yet (unless the thermometer is broken I need some kind of cooling first) but its finally cycled. I think. Sorry about the flash, there's no light in the tank.

Suggestions/comments?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photos 035.jpg
    photos 035.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 212
  • photos 023.jpg
    photos 023.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 169
  • photos 012.jpg
    photos 012.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 150
  • photos 024.jpg
    photos 024.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 160
  • photos 025.jpg
    photos 025.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 183
  • photos 034.jpg
    photos 034.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 155
  • photos 033.jpg
    photos 033.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 181

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Looks good to me. Get your water temperature or your thermometer sorted and its welcome to axolotl keeping. Good luck!

Neke

Reaction score
Thanks! It's only 2ft, around 80 litres i think, so I'll just have the one axie.

Thanks for the link Jacq - unfortunately I've already looked over every cooling page I can find and my only option seems to be a chiller. I'm not around all the time to swap frozen water bottles and fans don't seem to make too much difference. If I were to swap bottles around I'd need a new freezer anyway (mine's tiny). I work nights and I haven't been able to wake up early enough to call and ask about this, and nobody is responding to emails. I want to know if I need a pump to run it - it says

"The rate of flow is decided according to the max jet of the pump(immersible power filter) and the circulation equipment."

Does that mean I can hook it up to my filter? I've tried searching around on the net as well, but I can't find much and none of the aquariums around here know anything about chillers. If I knew it would work I could order it now and run out and get my new pet next week :D

I was looking at running tubing through an esky of ice, but then I'd have to buy an external cannister filter (I think), an esky and tubing, as well as going out and buying more ice every day. So if I can just plug that chiller in with no dramas it would be a better solution, I'm just not going to spend that much unless I know it will work with my tank...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!