Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chopped Earthworms as standard diet for Newts

nagukush

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I'm just doing some research on the Fire Bellied Newts so that I'm prepared to give my newts (which will come in a weeks time) a great home and life.

The only live food I can get here in my place is Large Live Earthworms from an organic earthworm farm. I feed these (chopped) as a standard diet for a few of my challenging fish and as a treat for all my fish. Just wanted to know if chopped earthworms will be ok as a standard daily diet for my newts ?

Kindly guide me Friends...
Thanks and Regards
Kush

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
Most definitely Kush, in fact in my opinion earthworms are the best things for newts!

You can also use frozen bloodworms if those are available to you.

Mitch

nagukush

Reaction score
Most definitely Kush, in fact in my opinion earthworms are the best things for newts!

You can also use frozen bloodworms if those are available to you.

Mitch

Wow, that is so great ! I have a good source of live healthy and fresh earthworms but sadly we dont get any frozen food here except Adult Brine Shrimps. Can I feed them these ?

Thanks a lot for caring and for solving a big problem of mine...
Take care and Have a wonderful day ahead !
Lots of Regards and Care
Kush

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!