Question: How long should i fridge mrs axolotl for?

KINGOFTHEMODS

Reaction score
Country
England
Mrs axolotls offspring seem to have bitten of her toes they look very saw shes been in the fridge does anyone know if she should stay in there until her toes grow back or just until the rawness has gone? also where is good for finding homes for the offenders theyre about 7months old and about ready and im not going to put mrs axolotl back in untill theyve gone. interestingly they dont touch mr axolotl hes a willd type or mrs axolotls twin brother hes white the little ones are dark and mottled they just dont seem to like her.:confused:

Hi,

I would say until the rawness is gone because in my expereince they regenerate better warm.

Mine regenerated 3 whole limbs in 1 week so some toes shouldn't take very long.

I have never fridged an axie before though so mabye some info from kaysie or davemaverick would be better.

If you put a post in the 'For Sale' section of the forum, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to take them on.

You would need to put your location though (nearest city/town) so that people will know whether they would have to travel far to adopt your naughty little ones!

Good luck.

Keep an eye on Mrs.Axolotl, I'm sure she'll soon be back to health.

thanks for the advice,im going to find the for sale bit now.i will be keeping my eye on my mrs axolotl shes the best me and mr axolotl both think so.

Firstly, it would be best not to overcrowd your tank with all the axies, especially at this young age, they can be aggressive and cannibalistic. If possible, house axies seperately in smaller tanks, otherwise, use a tank divider and provide plenty of hiding places. Try not to create feeding frenzy by placing the food at one spot where 'which grabs the fastest grabs the most'. Feed them seperately or at different ends of the tank. These are preventative measures to prevent cannibalism.

You can place Mrs Axolotl in the fridge for up to 3 weeks if you are concerned. I would try a week and see how it goes. If there is only a slight injury at the toe tips, the recovery shouldn't take too long.

thanks for the tips, her feet are still quite raw but they are on the mend shes been in the fridge for a week so i might give her a little bit longer shes eating now and then and seems happy enough. i will seperate them before she goes back in, i feed them all individualy using chopsticks so they know they dont have to compete for food and my tank is a real big one which gives them all plenty of room should they want it. cheers for all the advice its been helpful.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back