Photo: Mismatch Eyes

ChameleonCans

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, we need a pirate name for this guy. Not the best pictures but I'll update this this one grows.

Attachments

• IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_5798.jpg
    IMG_5798.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 241
Chimera Axolotl! im still waiting for my chimera Axolotl. I as well like Captain Red Gills.

Here is an updated picture of the captain!

Attachments

• Chameleon Cans.jpg
    Chameleon Cans.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 251
Here is an updated picture of Captain Red Gills! He is going to be leaving us and going to a lucky person in our Golden Ticket Sale. Hope someone on this forum wins him so we can continue to see pictures!!!

Attachments

• 10372004_689743481086569_8428234296084708733_n.jpg
    10372004_689743481086569_8428234296084708733_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 272
This lotl must be a chimera, right? One half is albino, the other half leucistic? What sort of additional health problems are found in chimeras that are not faced by normal axies and are these problems common to all combinations of colours? Or is it true those that are half wild type are more likely to have problems caused by the wild type side growing faster/bigger than the other side? This is so fascinating. Are there many species that do this? I know there has been a person with two blood groups, others with two or more sets of DNA, and animals (mice, cats, a 'geep' etc) with organs considered chimeric, but half and half creatures?
I hope whoever ends up with this axie knows how to look after it properly - I'm sure you'll take care of that though.

I'm not completely sure if he'd be considered a Chimera or just an odd ball. He is 99% golden albino except one eye. We've had him for several months and have not had any health problems. I have a little understanding about Chimeras as we have a harliquin/lucy but I haven't noticed any problems with her either. I do not have a wildtype/other so I'm. Not sure about those concerns. Captain Red Gills is amazing and whoever gets him will enjoy him for a very long time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back