Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axolotl! Remy!

GlowingCool

Reaction score
I had a pair of axolotl a few years back, sadly when I moved across the country I had to rehome them. Now that I'm all settled I miss my axie! So I picked up a new one.

This is a GFP Luecistic from the 'Oreo' line. The 'Oreo' line ends up with lots of dark freckles on the face and black on the gills. At this age it is hard to tell if he will end up with the full 'Oreo' or just a few freckles. We shall see how many freckles he gets as he grows up, he's got a few cute ones right now!

His name is Remy.

glowingcool-albums-remy-picture37477-img-3372.jpg

glowingcool-albums-remy-picture37478-img-3374.jpg

glowingcool-albums-remy-picture37479-img-3377.jpg

Here is the Oreo father by breeder Johnathan Jones
attachment.php

sebguy

Reaction score
When his freckles come out be sure to send us some pictures i would love to see how he turns out!

axolotl2016

Reaction score
he is very cute i got one from him. mines a girl :) she only has light colored spots tho she didnt get the oreo look. she just had babies tho that hatched so excited to see what they turn out to be!

GlowingCool

Reaction score
Thanks! He's growing fast! And he's such a friendly little guy! Eats out of my hand, always come to the front glass when I come by. He's starting to get darker on the face and gills, but he won't be as high black as the original oreo. But I love him! I've taught him to eat off chopsticks as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1