Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cherry shrimp rearing

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Just wanted to share how im raising cherry shrimp. I have two setups one is 2.5 gallon with about 15 adult shrimp. Heater set at 78 they have sponge filter java moss and hornwort some sand for substrate no lighting besides natural light. I have hade them since September in this setup ,when i purchase them 2 where pregnant so i have about 15 baby's in there two. No shrimp have breed in my heated 2.5 gallon aquarium so far.

Also i have a little 1/2 gallon thats for bettas:mad:. It also has java moss and sand substrate, but no filter or heater. Put six shrimp in there in October in window sill, not in direct sunlight. The windows started to get some frost on them around Halloween, checked temp one morning it was 62f in half gallon. That was about a week ago, so moved them to counter top a week ago know one is full of eggs:D temp is 67f.

I chang one cup of water every day, 15% water changes and vacuum every 2 weeks. I feed every other day tetra fish food or tetra sinking newt pellets

I did put 4 larvae in with shrimp the same time i moved it away from window. But i can never find more than one at a time.

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Still no pregnant cherry shrimp in my heated breading tank, guess its not going to be a breading tank.

Just noticed today a pregnant cherry shrimp in my 10 gallon newt tank, witch is staying under 68 since its winter. Hope she doesn't get eaten before she has baby's:rofl:

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Here she is.

Attachments

• 1481324227198598051855.jpg
    1481324227198598051855.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 393
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!