Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Poll: Should Caudata.org include forums for the other Amphibians?

al

Reaction score
I vote NO to having specific "other" species section. If you need advice concerning other species...there could be a general "Off-toppic" section. Now how many caudate enthusiest will pass up any opportunity to enlighten others on "other" species' topics? BTW...I have a question concerning my son's turtle and daughter's pet rat....sorry got carried away
smile6.gif

colin

Reaction score
Here's a good example...

I was brought to this site by a link posted in XFrogs (a yahoo group) regarding the pictures that Paris posted with her Pipa pipa in amplexus and spawning etc. So it was a froggy link that brought me here, at the time i had no caudates, now i have 9 various sized tanks of them!

TJ

Reaction score
The only anurans I'm interested in are those that share habitats with caudates I'm interested in, which pretty much rules out dart frogs and the like. In fact, I'm interested in anything that shares a rice paddy or a pond with an Asian newt or salamander
lol.gif
But I really have no desire to discuss frogs or share pictures of them with people who don't share my interest in caudates. If the anurans section disappeared here, I highly doubt I'd go elsewhere. As long as it remains low-key, I say lets keep it!

(hehe....looks like i've voted twice)

dot

Reaction score
In the same vein as Al's post, could the "other" topics be placed in the "General Discussion" forum or possibly at the bottom of the Species-specific forums? That way they'd still be available for those who want them and out of the way/off the main page for those who wish to present a caudate-only forum. And I have to say, although I browse those sections infrequently, I do enjoy reading/learning about frogs/toads and caecilians.
happy.gif

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Things should be thought through and then decisions made. Decisions shouldn't be made and later justified by any means. That is why I vote for John Kerry.

H

hayden

In case this wasnt said...I think if we lost the other Amphibians Alot of frog posts would be bombarded onto the caudate section...Also, Where would me and pin have to post about our toads?
sad.gif

R

r

Most caudatans are rather hard to maintain in FL.
I keep far more anurans than caudatans. I'll have to vote

YES re anuran content.

C

carl

i dont keep any anurans but what the heck ya might as well if ya dont like it just dont read it i wont but its good for people who keep anurans so YES

J

john

Well, this has run over the week and the "yes" vote has well-beaten the "no" vote. Therefore the other topics will remain. Thank you everyone for taking part.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1