Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

can you see who left reputation

madeve

Reaction score
Ali,

I believe this is made on purpose so that if someone leaves you a negative you can't go and mess their reputation out of spite.

ali000

Reaction score
Oh, thats a shame, I have been left some nice comments and want to return the favour. But I can see how it could be a bad thing.

t_summ

Site Contributor
Reaction score
If only more people would spread around the reputation around... (Hint Hint!)

I agree that it would be nice to know who left the reputation. However, if one were to leave negative reputation it also protects that person and stops any sort of fight from starting.

We don't need a bunch of fights in this community.

ali000

Reaction score
I've never left negative comments (dont have the balls!) but I was interested in who had left some good ones for me. I have also given some good reputation and I want the people involved to know that I have valued their input. But I completely understand why this is set up the way it is..... far be it for me to want to start some arguments:eek:

Lasher

Reaction score
Not everyone.

No, not everyone, but I think perhaps a majority.
Personaly if I appreciate someones input I like to thank them publicaly, be that in the thread or by pm. Then again I dont mind giving a negative opinion publicaly either, so the system seems a little defunct to me. I pay far more attention to the content of a post than the reputation of the poster, I would hope others do too.

Saspotato

Reaction score
Sure, the positive. Seems to me plenty of people are fast enough to leave negative if they dont like a post otherwise they just dont bother.

I have rarely given negative reputation and all of them (pretty sure anyway) have been for consistent use of poor English as requested by John in one of the sticky threads and I've said so in the comment. http://www.caudata.org/forum/announcement.php?f=48. On the other hand, I have given out heaps of positive reputation and would give out more but you can only give a person one click in a certain time period.

Anyway, I've never been left negative reputation even after disagreements with people about certain things and I've posted a lot!, so don't think that people often give it. Also on other forums with reputation I have not seen many people with negative reputations. I would only give negative reputation for bad English from an English speaking person, and if someone was deliberately giving out bad advice. Not for a disagreement...

With your post Lasher, I could see why a lot of people would have given you bad reputation to be honest, but as it was someone else using your login you could probably ask to have it removed. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!