Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Mobile Phone users - please respond

Would you regularly use a free Caudata.org iPhone or Android App to access and post on the site?

• Yes, every day

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • I would probably try it out but I'll probably keep using my computer instead

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • No, I would not use it.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • What's an app?

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

methodik

Reaction score
I'd definitely do - atm it is hard, especially to view images on my phone (Samsung GTI5800, Android 2.1 I believe) and whenever I click the forums it tells me the board is "Android native" but I dont really want to spend money on tapatalk or what that app is only to look at this board.

Star

Reaction score
A Blackberry app would be nice but as previously mentioned, if you are undertaking it yourself then it probably isn't worth the hassle! It would definitely be nice to have the site optimised for mobile browsers though as picture heavy threads tend to disagree with my mobile and threads in general take ages to load up, as does the website :( Some form of notifications would be nice though to your phone if that was possible, for us addicts :D

priesty

Reaction score
I use tapatalk too but haven't discovered how to or even if you can post a reply and it is pretty basic on the iphone compared to other sites. Plus it only lets you view the forums, no other info :cool:

I use tapatalk to and have to say iy works great, to post a reply you use the arrow in top right, to quote you just click on the post. Easy :)

rasputin

Reaction score
I was looking on the Android market the other day to see if there already was one.

I would definitely use it if it became available!

frenzyfan

Reaction score
I have only been using my phone on this site. I haven't used my home computer yet on this site. I have a Samsung Focus Windows 7 phone with internet explorer, so far everything on this site is going smoothly except I can't search forums or threads. If there were an app for this site it would have to offer me features I can't do. Like searches,I don't know if chat would work on my phone probably not but that would be nice. I got a pop up message from the administrator when I joined but my phone seen it as a pop up ad and disabled it, it kind of bothers me not knowing what it said and thinking that a similar situation could happen. So if there was an app that could smooth everything out and make it more reliable I would definitely use it! If I come up with any ideas for the software or if I have trouble in other areas on this site with my phone I'll repost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!