Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bacteria or fungus??

EversoriZ

Reaction score
Again thanks for all the info and stuff, I did a water test and the levels are all good no ammonia, no nitrates. PH is good 7.6-8.0 as always. I took a sample to Petco for testing and to see what they could help me with and same result, the water itself is fine. It's just dirty and it finally dawned on me what it is. When I took out one of the Nitra Zorb patches from the back of the filter I must have done it a little too forcefully and I ripped apart some of the regular filter media and this went inside the tank with the flow output from the filter. This is why it's attaching itself to the walls and mostly onto the plant that I have dispersing the water flow from the filter.

So I'm just going to clean the tank up like it was suggested to me before. Do water changes as I have done and hopefully I can get the water clear soon.
As for the live plants, I don't know probably not any time soon, I have a 20 gal and I dont think theyre necessary just yet. When I upgrade to a bigger tank IF my axies grow enough to consider upgrading then I will probably get live plants.
Anyway thanks everyone for your help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!