Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axie- Normal behaviour?

AxieWooper

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have just got my first axolotl and couldn't be more excited!

After months of research and planning I finally have a lovely little juvenile, 4-5 inch
(presumed to be) female axie. I initially wanted to call it wooper but upon discovering it may be a girl i went with woo for short :) Qaudata really helped me in my research so thanks to everyone for great advice all round :happy: I am currently feeding her the same sinking pellets as the pet store. I plan to "wean" her slowly onto worms so im starting with bloodworm occasionally.

I only have one question what is "normal axolotl behaviour"? From observing mine she likes to walk around, swim for a while and float or sit in one area, walk to another area and sit.

i would really appreciate it if people could just tell me what their little guys get up to and what i should look out for

Attachments

• woo.jpg
    woo.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 212
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1