The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 19th June 2018   #1
Evansk96

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Evansk96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

Hi everyone i have 2 axies groot and mantis new to the hobby... but the tank i have has been cycled for over a year it crashed while at work i immediately put them in sprin water in a tub. They lost the fluff on their gills. And their tails are shrinking some and the albino has small red spots and i can see all of the veins now please help

Evansk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Help

Firstly I LOVE their names! Mine is called Bucky, because he was missing an arm (now grown back)
Post some pics when you can so we can see how they're looking.
Keep them in a separate tub while you cycle your tank again, in that tub you will probably have to change the water every day so the ammonia, etc, doesn't build up. Cycle your tank like normal. Hopefully the filter and decorations still have beneficial bacteria on them which will move it along quickly.
Keep the water the axolotls are in nice and cold, and clean. This should be all you need for them to heal. Are they eating normally?

Hayleyy is online now   Reply With Quote