Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

sore leg?

chrissy

Reaction score
i finally put my new axie toffee in my tank with my other axie, mambo(after 30 days of quarintine)but this morning mambo looks like he has hurt his leg. he has it against his side and is swimming with only three legs. also he doesnt swim as much as he usually does. what might have happened and what can i do???

mudvayne42

Reaction score
the axies may not of liked each other and had a bit of a scap i would seperate them if you see any mayjor agressive behavour. axolotls can be agressive so a little bit of a scap isnt that bad but if u see any bad fights seperate them if you can. do you have any sharp rocks or decor in your tank it could be that?

digger

Reaction score
all i can suggest is that you keep a close eye on them to see if they are attacking each other. is there a size difference because if one is a lot smaller than the other they might be viewed as food. if so you will have to seperate them until their sizes are roughly the same.
it might be an idea to seperate them for a while anyway until he is using his leg more freely.
hope this helps a little.
good luck and hope he is well soon.

chrissy

Reaction score
thanks, his leg is pretty much better now and they are getting on fine. thanks for all your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!