Strange sore on my Lottie

Emily

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Em
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and new to the wonderful world of axolotls. We're absolutely enchanted with our Lottie but have been having troubles locating good info. So glad we found you guys. I have 2 questions, 1. I live in a part of the country where in summer, it rarely gets under 32 degrees Celsius, how do i keep my girl's tank cool, it's in the darkest spot in house and still sits at 26 degrees.

2nd question, which may be related to first issue, my Lottie has a sore on the tip of her nose, just above her top lip. Looks like an ulcer. What to do... She is still eating, swimming etc.

Thanks in advance....

Hey Emily, welcome to the site.
For future reference you might have better luck posting in the 'Sick Axie' section of the forum, as not everyone reads the introduction section of the forum. This may help you with keeping your tank cool. And in regards to the strange sore I can't really help as I am fairly new to axolotls too but if you were to provide some pictures, I'm sure someone could help you. I would definitely check out Axolotl.org if I were you.
Good luck!

- Beccy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back