Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Starting up info dart frogs

SHOGUN55

Reaction score
hi
i am new to hobby but not new to the exstensive research that i do before set up,i have kept marine and tropical fish for about 17 years before just recently given up and have decided on dart frogs as i have always been interested in them i have also kept reptiles and fire bellies for a number of years so not a complete newbie.i have done some research already but would like to have any info that would benefit me before setting up,my first criteria is to have a tank in living room that can be planted for a show tank will be about 35gal can be max of 40gal, width will be 23" height 21" could vary depending, depth 15" could also vary, species must be bold and be able to be kept in a group,and how many without possible fights i have decided on d.leucomelas as i am just starting.
i would appreciate any help to see if i am starting off in the right direction also could anyone recommend where i can get them from that is not too far away from the plymouth area in devon
hope someone can help, paul

kinger88

Reaction score
Can't help you with how to look after them but they have got some at endsleigh garden centre, expensive though!

jett862

Reaction score
I've always found dendroboard to be a great source of information for this.

SHOGUN55

Reaction score
Thanks i think endsliegh make their own prices up will check out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!