All legs have emerged on my larvae! help!?

Zhinigami

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello!
I have a few CFBN larvae in my tank for the adults and this morning i saw one of them and to my surprise i could see that the hind legs almost were complete and now i wonder, should i remove it from the adults tank? i have another tank where i place other newly hatched CFBN (only got one there at the moment) and its much more shallow water there so that they would not drown and i do also move daphnia from my adults tank to the larvae tank at daily basis.

some other questions that someone might have a answer to!
and when all legs have emerged how long does it usually takes for them to metamorphose ?
and is it normal for the gravid female to take a few days to a week between laying the eggs ?
or could things like putting in new plants make her stop laying ?

thanks beforehand :D !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back