Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

my axie was sick?

axyste

Reaction score
ok acouple of days ago i moved my axolotl to a warmer tank and... i have to look after to baby axies so i feed them all a worm!
and my big axolotl eat it and was sick after (didnt look the any part of the worm) it look like when were sick the yellow one!so i was worried and he started to grow better ive not fed him incase hes sick do you no whats wrong??:confused:

ferret_corner

Reaction score
HI Stephen - sometimes the axolotl will spit out something it ate if it didn't like it. Until your axolotl fully recovers from its previous ordeal you should feed its regular diet - unless that diet was unhealthy.

Stephen how old are you? I think I saw a reflection of you in one of your photos, you look to be about 7 from that hazy odd reflection. You sound like my 8 yr old in his writings. So I'm just curious.

Sharon

AGreenDarkness

Reaction score
I am sorry, I have tried to read this, but the first message makes absolutely no sense. If you could sit down and try to type it out so people can understand it then I am sure someone could give you advice on how to help your axolotl get better.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
You've been told numerous times that a warmer tank is NOT appropriate for an axolotl. I gather you're asking why your axolotl threw up. It's because the tank is too warm.

Moomin

Reaction score
I wouldn't have ur axie in a too warmer tank 20 degrees is the warmesti think.
Axies will spi food out if either they don't like it or they have too much in their mouths. Try another smaller food?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1