Sexing Neurergus kaiseri

Badmungo

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello.

Just a simple question.

I have read the caresheet about Neurergus kaiseri and the way to tell the sexes apart. But my problem is that to me its only text. I would like an image to see. And i have really nothing to compare with.

So i wonder if anyone has good pictures of a male and female Neurergus kaiseri to show (the cloaca). Just so i can see. I have my suspicious but i cant be all to chure.

Thanks for all help i can get.

Best regards

Fredrik

They pretty much follow the general rule for the family....large cloaca=male.
In one of the videos in this link(http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.cann/Nkaiseri.html) you can clearly see the cloaca of a male in breeding season. Out of season though it can be a bit trickier, but still the differences in cloaca size and shape should be rather clear.

Thank you.

Yes, that was petty obvious.

So its the same things to look for then as in other spieces. No other give-aways?

Thank you very much for a good a fast answer.

Fredrik

Adult, well-conditioned females tend to be heavier bodied than males, but this needs to be taken into consideration with other factors such as cloaca size, behavior, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back