Illness/Sickness: Bloated axolotl

don't worry the stones are a lot bigger then his head, they just look small because of the way the photos taken :)

WOW! Darnel is going to need a whole new wardrobe, no way he would still fit in his size 20 jeans! He's looking so much better, congratulations :)

fantastic news!!!!

lol he has stretch marks :D

i'm sure they will heal considering their regeneration abilities. well done, that would have been had to go through. good on your axie for pulling through, that looked painfull!

thank's everyone :) his skin has got better already, and he doesnt seem to have got any bigger since he's been drained

Hello again, i just thought i would give you a little update and some photo's of Darnell since he's been to the vets again. he is so much better :) apart from looking really shriveled and wrinkly (like he's been soaking in a bath for too long lol :D i am really pleased with him and the vet did a great job. i think i am safe to say Darnell will make a full recovery :D see pics below
What ended up being the issue… I am having something similar with my guy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back