The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Old 24th July 2004   #1
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Just got back from a trip (business/pleasure) to WA. Of course as usual I poke around for a few pics. I did an awesome hike up to Annette Lake near Snoquaimie Pass. Along the trail I found multiple Dicampptodon larvae in the small rills that crossed it. Near the lake in some old growth I found this huge adult. The only adult I had found before was back in 89' down in the Willapa hills and it was a small newly transformed one. But this thing was huge! A full 10in and thrice the girth of a trigrinum. Literally a handfull. My hat goes off to people working with these guys, obviously a serious undertaking.

RUSSClick the image to open in full size.

Old 24th July 2004   #2
travis

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Dicamptodon really are spectacular. Thanks for the great picture Russ. Glad to hear you had a good trip.
-Travis

Old 24th July 2004   #3
nic

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Nice Russ. It' nice to know I can live vicariously through you. These are soooo hard to find. Thanks
for the great photo.

Old 1st August 2004   #4
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Here's the habitat that surrounded the log where I found him. Just awesome old growth, I wish I had had someone with me to use as scale.

RUSSClick the image to open in full size.

Old 1st August 2004   #5
Tim Johnson
(TJ)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

That is awesome. Thanks for the pics, Russ!

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2004   #6
hayden

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Great Pics russ...A fellow Minnesotan,eh?...Hope you had fun.

Old 2nd August 2004   #7
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Yes, herpless in MN! At least the lousy climate is compatible with keeping caudates.

RUSS

Old 3rd August 2004   #8
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Russ, roughly where was this habitat? Would it be accurate to say Willapa Hills, WA? I would like to use it on Caudata Culture, with a caption.

Old 3rd August 2004   #9
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Near Snoquaimie Pass next to Annette Lake, WA. Not a spot for the weak at heart, it was quite the hike.

RUSS

Tags
dicamptodon, tenebrosus

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 9 (Set)

Aneides, azn567, Chinadog, End, Jan, kimbo, Lisa 8, Newtothis33, ODell