The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 16th January 2006   #21
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

careful with feeders, most store bought ones contain a fair amount of nasties. good to see she ate again though Click the image to open in full size.

Old 17th January 2006   #22
paul

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i gave her a salt bath today with 2 teaspoons of salt to 1 litre of water, i usually just do 1 teaspoon and the water stays clear, however with the two teaspoons all this white stuff was in the water after 10 minutes, i got her out, do u guys know whether its fungus or her mucus layer

Old 17th January 2006   #23
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

did you use salt with some sort of anti-caking agent in it? thats the only thing i can think of if it was like a murky white. however if it was distinct little bits id say it was most likely fungus

Tags
axolotl, fungus, gills

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 4th December 2019, 06:47 (Set) (Clear)

Nvoyt123