Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello Everyone

BethNJamie

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Just joined the site yesterday and starting to get to grips with it
I joined cause i need some advise on my Axolotls
Two days ago, our most active, happy axie died, we were both very taken back by this seeing as he seemed perfectly healthy.
The night before he died we noticed some white lumps had formed on his stomach area, they were raised and kind of looked like human acne spots, i googled it and from the knowledge i found it seemed like they were pigmentation spots so we were less worried and went to bed and when we woke up in the morning he had died, i was very upset cause i loved little Murphy to bits, i really would like to know what them spots where and if it was anything to do with his death.
Hope someone can please help me.
Thankyou
Beth and Jamie

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I hate you had to join because of this issue but maybe someone else could help you out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1