Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Desmognathus fuscus setup?

Ecostrider

Reaction score
Im a wildlife biology student and I just sent in a proposal to do a study on how temperature affects the regeneration rate of dusky sals. I kept a few before but I was just wondering since im going to have a lot (30) and I have to keep them individually to avoid confouding my results what the best set up is? When I kept mine before I had rocks, leaf litter, and a little bit of water with an aerator in it, but logistically to aerate 30 individual plastic critter cages is going to be difficult. Do they have to have aerated water? I know they're seepage dwellers, and there is some running water there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, to feed them I planned on getting a fruit fly colony going, any advice on how to do that? Couldn't find anything in that specific forum.

Yahilles

Reaction score
If you have a decent air pump, just buy enough walves and split the air flow to each box, or you might want to keep them in one large box with some sort of separation for each animal and a shared water part with strong aeration.

For fruitfly culture help you should seek pages for dart frog keepers - there should be most information available.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!