Help! Fungus won't go away, all over body

elindsey22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! I apologise to reach out but I am getting desperate.
My little girl has had what I believe to be fungus on her body for about three weeks now. It doesn't seem to be getting any better and may even be getting worse.
The first week I did a water change and kept a close eye on her water parameters to see if that would do the trick. It did not so for the past two weeks I have had her in the fridge, doing 2 salt baths a day for 3 days then stopping for three days, etc. I use 1 liter of water and 2 1/2 tbs of aquarium salt. Today I am going to take her out of the fridge but continue the salt baths on and off. I feel bad keeping her in the fridge and dont know how long is too long. Also, is it possible that (even thought I wash my hands) handling her that much is not allowing her to heal?
Thank you for any advice or ideas!

Attachments

• 20171115_094201.jpg
    20171115_094201.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 20171115_094154.jpg
    20171115_094154.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 20171115_094135.jpg
    20171115_094135.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 234
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back