Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: My axies aren’t doing well... pls help.

Isabella81

Reaction score
I went on vacation and when I got back they weren’t doing very well, and I’m moving soon and I am afraid to move them. My male axolotls gills are degrading, and my female has white fuzz on her gills. They are both eating and I’ve been keeping their tanks very clean. What can I do to cure them quickly, so they have time to recover before we move. They are in separate tanks but I wanted to put them together in a 40 gallon long in march, when I move.

thank you!

Giuseppe

Reaction score
What are your water parameters? Gill issues are usually due to poor water chemistry. For the axolotl with white fuzz, give salt baths according to the instructions on the sticky on this thread. The quickest way to heal is to address the water quality and give salt baths to the one with fungus and keep an eye out for any developing on the other guy. Botanicals such as Catappa leaves are supposed to help with healing as well, I don't have experience there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!