My new axie Freckles

K

kellie

Hi everyone, sadly Crunchie passed away this morning, reasons unknown. But I couldnt live without my newest love (the axolotl), hence Freckles. Not sure of the sex or age, but he/she is about 8-10cm long and has lovely full gills.
77488.jpg

77489.jpg

Sorry to hear about crunchie kellie, he was a cute little man!

The axie in the picture is Chokito (my fiance named him that instead of Freckles). Crunchie was a goldne albino, theres pics of him in Meet Crunchie.

Hi Kellie,
Sorry to read about "Crunchie".
"Chokito" another "sweet" axie.
Cheers,
Chris.

Thanks Chris,losing Crunchie was hard. I wasnt going to get another axie but couldnt resist when I saw Chokito. yeah Chokito is another "sweet" axie, I wanted to call him Freckles, but hubby decided Chokito. I've grown to like it now too.

I am so sorry about crunchie, i was a Crunchie fan.

You manage to find axolotl friends with very interesting colourations.

Thanks AnnMarie. Crunchie is swimming in the big river in the sky now. Chokito's colouring is interesting, he seems to be settling in ok, still a bit shy I think, he likes hiding behind the tube.

Chokito actually stuck his head out tonight to eat some frozen bloodworms. Think he likes hiding because he had nowhere to hide at the pet shop, now he has a tube, a pot and a plant to hide behind. He seems to spend most of his time behind the tube or behind the plant. Hopefully he'll start venturing out soon.

Hi everyone, just an update and more photos of Chokito. He's now venturing out more, hence been able to get more photos. He loves his food. He eats axolotl pellets, frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp. He's about 9 or 10 cm now, so how often should he be fed? I feed him morning and night and he seems to be eating all the food I put in for him, so should I continue twice a day feeding? I also think he has devoured my glass shrimp as I can't see them, but maybe they're good at hiding. Here's some more pics.
77897.jpg

77898.jpg

Do you think boy or girl?

maybe just feed him once a day at night i think. give him the same amount though

Thanks jay. she defitinly loves her food so I will keep giving her the same amount.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back