Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I'm worried my filter is too strong.

kumamon

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will officially own my first axolotl! I'm really excited. Ive had the tank set up for a week or so now and I'm a little worried that the filter is too strong for the axolotl..

The tank I bought comes with a filter already attached to the tank (so I can't remove it, only unplug it). I don't want to have to turn off the filter as I will not be able to do water changes daily, only spot cleaning (please correct me if I'm making mistakes!!)

The plants in my tank only 'sway' slightly forward from the filter. If the axolotl starts becoming stressed what would be the best thing to do??

Also, is it possible to add anything in front of the filter or in the filter to slow down the flow??

I'm super sorry if I'm rambling but I need a little help to get started!! Hehe

Thank you!!

Dell

Reaction score
Welcome, can you give us a bit more info on the tank specifics, what kind is it and what size, also what you are planning on as far as cycling? There are hundreds of threads on this forum about different options to reduce or slow down or block flow. Since I don't know anything about which filter you will have searching this forum
is a good option.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!