I

ian

A couple of photos showing one of my favourite newt species -

80341.jpg

80342.jpg

80343.jpg

80344.jpg

80345.jpg

They are wonderful! There is quite a size difference between them. How old are they?

hi Michelle...they are both 2006 bred but i have had the larger one for six months or more and the smaller for less than a month. I have three larger ones and nine small.I also now have a pair of adults...ian

yes Andy they're coming on well, i'm really pleased with them all...Dawn all in all i have over 100 newts and sals ,although i do have my favs i haven't given any of them names as yet but some of them are real characters....ian

100! Wow thats a lot of animals, I bet your home is like a tiny zoo.
biggrin.gif
What species tend to be the "characters"?

hi Ryan ..the two species of tylototriton i have are real characters the kweis and shanjing also i have some taricha torosa's (california newts) which are equally as characterful, oh and some of the triturus species...ian

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back