Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings from Central Florida!

phineasferb

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am excited to be receiving two male high yellow barred tigers next week! My previous pet was a panther chameleon. Sadly, he passed away last June weeks before turning 5 years old. My heart wanted another chameleon but my gut was telling me not to because of the heavy school/work load I am currently enduring. I decided another chameleon would not fit my current schedule, which has lead me here! I've already set up a vivarium for the arrival of Phineas and Ferb next Thursday. I am trying to get it as close to perfection as I can so any recommendations are welcomed! Thank you, everyone ��

Tank setup

-30x13.5x13 terrarium w/ screen lid

-Mistking to keep substrate damp. I am currently testing how long and when to set the mister to spray. It's looking like possibly once or twice a week.

-Matala filter mats for false bottom. I have an airhose routed to the bottom of the tank to siphon excess water

-Evo earth and cypress mulch substrate mix

-Wooden hut and plastic hide on each end

-Bathing water bowl.

I may look into adding some live plants but nothing too crazy or overwhelming. Possibly some safe pothos here and there.

IMG_20200207_193843.jpg

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!