Mantella Milotympanum

gretchenellie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I am new to the boards, although I joined over a year ago..lol

I currently keep a small number of different amphibians, mostly mantellas, african reed frogs, and a few poison dart frogs.

Since this is the mantella section, here are a few pictures of my Mantella Milotympanum group ( 7 strong ):

000_4790_1.jpg

their newly redecorated tank.. growing out a bit..

000_4597_1.jpg

male, female pair

000_4599_1.jpg

same female from above

100_0655_1.jpg

different female..sadly, she passed away due to a caretaker mistake while I was away at a conference.

100_0686_1.jpg

My confirmation that I had both sexes in this group!

Is there anyone else currently working with these? I am always on the lookout for more, and could definitely use another female or two...

:)

Very nice frogs. I've had them to. (different species) but they are too sensitive for higher temperatures. They died faster than they bred. Sad...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back