Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What do you do with your deceased axolotls???

LittleLotti

Reaction score
So first off let me say my axolotls are all in good health. ^.^ But my oldest girl (white Albino) who i bought as a larvea is now 10 years old!! :D

So it just occured to me I have no idea what to do with her once she passes away. (Hopefully not for another 5 years or so!!) What do you do with your axolotls once they pass away??

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have axies but I have a backyard where I bury everything. Cats, ferrets, snakes, salamanders, newts. All end up in the Fairy Garden.

auntiejude

Reaction score
Freeze the body first to ensure any pathogens are killed, then you can bury it. Many people have a special place for pet burials, or use a plant pot and plant a memorial plant.

LittleLotti

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies, we move house a lot for my husband's work so I love the idea of putting her in a plant pot so she can stay with us ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!