Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My new axie Freckles

K

kellie

Hi everyone, sadly Crunchie passed away this morning, reasons unknown. But I couldnt live without my newest love (the axolotl), hence Freckles. Not sure of the sex or age, but he/she is about 8-10cm long and has lovely full gills.
77488.jpg

77489.jpg

K

kellie

The axie in the picture is Chokito (my fiance named him that instead of Freckles). Crunchie was a goldne albino, theres pics of him in Meet Crunchie.

C

chris

Hi Kellie,
Sorry to read about "Crunchie".
"Chokito" another "sweet" axie.
Cheers,
Chris.

K

kellie

Thanks Chris,losing Crunchie was hard. I wasnt going to get another axie but couldnt resist when I saw Chokito. yeah Chokito is another "sweet" axie, I wanted to call him Freckles, but hubby decided Chokito. I've grown to like it now too.

A

annmarie

I am so sorry about crunchie, i was a Crunchie fan.

You manage to find axolotl friends with very interesting colourations.

K

kellie

Thanks AnnMarie. Crunchie is swimming in the big river in the sky now. Chokito's colouring is interesting, he seems to be settling in ok, still a bit shy I think, he likes hiding behind the tube.

K

kellie

Chokito actually stuck his head out tonight to eat some frozen bloodworms. Think he likes hiding because he had nowhere to hide at the pet shop, now he has a tube, a pot and a plant to hide behind. He seems to spend most of his time behind the tube or behind the plant. Hopefully he'll start venturing out soon.

K

kellie

Hi everyone, just an update and more photos of Chokito. He's now venturing out more, hence been able to get more photos. He loves his food. He eats axolotl pellets, frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp. He's about 9 or 10 cm now, so how often should he be fed? I feed him morning and night and he seems to be eating all the food I put in for him, so should I continue twice a day feeding? I also think he has devoured my glass shrimp as I can't see them, but maybe they're good at hiding. Here's some more pics.
77897.jpg

77898.jpg

Do you think boy or girl?

J

jay

maybe just feed him once a day at night i think. give him the same amount though

K

kellie

Thanks jay. she defitinly loves her food so I will keep giving her the same amount.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!