Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ebony & Ivory... Melanoid and Melanoid Albino embryos and adults

J

john

Well, this will be my first post of a recent photo in the axolotl section. I would normally put this in the Photo Gallery topic but since the axolotl section is taking over, I thought I would post it here.

Melanoid and melanoid albino (melanoid is a black animal, melanoid albino a white animal), a few days off hatching. Photo taken on Tuesday 23rd November:

26901.jpg

J

john

And here two quick snaps of mother and father. Mother is a melanoid albino and father is a melanoid (but he's heterozygous for albinism). Mother's about 25 cm long (10 inches) - still growing. Father is about 28 cm (11 inches), still growing steadily and heading for 30 cm.

26903.jpg

26904.jpg

J

john

That's one of those worms that people keep telling me axolotls don't eat. Someone hasn't told my axolotls that.

The golden axolotl is the "runt" of my axolotls - she was badly attacked when younger, and she has really only finished regenerating her front left leg and her tail, and now she's coming on nicely.

All of these axolotls were born in August 2003 I believe (thanks Claire!).

K

kaysie

John, I couldnt tell you if my axies eat them or not. I put them in and they instantly disappear... Unless they spontaneously combust without a trace... lol

colin

Reaction score
Thats the same ones my Triturus and Salamandra spit out

K

kaysie

My triturus and jeffersons eat them the same way: by inhalation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!