The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 19th August 2014   #1
Azzinderkitty
(Azsinderkitty)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Azsinderkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is it safe to ship older axolotl?

So I have over stocked my tank and need to find one of my little guys a home, I believe she is a girl, not certain though. About 7 inches long, GFP wildtype. How do you ship an older axolotl?

Last edited by bellabelloo; 19th August 2014 at 15:55. Reason: Added some lovely capital letters.
Azsinderkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014   #2
LadyAquarius
(Bette)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information
Default Re: Is it safe to ship older axolotl?

Well, you would need to package it with care using an insulated lining in the box, double bag it in a good quality fish shipping bag which contains plenty of water and air. An ice pack can be added in the box if the weather is warm. And it should probably be shipped express 2 day.

Old 19th August 2014   #3
LadyAquarius
(Bette)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information

Also read this article:Caudata Culture Articles - Shipping
Search the forum for this topic, and you will find many threads with info!

Old 19th August 2014   #4
Samantha & Ally
(RupertxGiles)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: RupertxGiles has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Well, you would need to package it with care using an insulated lining in the box, double bag it in a good quality fish shipping bag which contains plenty of water and air. An ice pack can be added in the box if the weather is warm. And it should probably be shipped express 2 day.
Only point i would disagree with Bette is i only ship next day,especially in the summer. It has a money back gaurantee if it doesnt ship next day where 2 day shipping may arrive in 2 days, but they wont gaurantee it. Plus one day in transit is less stressful and safer for the axie.

RupertxGiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014   #5
LadyAquarius
(Bette)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertxGiles View Post
Only point i would disagree with Bette is i only ship next day,especially in the summer. It has a money back gaurantee if it doesnt ship next day where 2 day shipping may arrive in 2 days, but they wont gaurantee it. Plus one day in transit is less stressful and safer for the axie.
Yes, the quicker, the better! I thought that the fastest express shipping in reality takes up to 2 days total transit time... so that's why I said that. But I see how that could be confused with the priority 2-3 day shipping.