Grey treefrog pics

D

dane

some pictures of a grey t-frog I found on the wall of my house near the porch light(released after photo shoot)
68438.jpg

68439.jpg

68440.jpg

yeah, all the time they are also in Illonoise

(Message edited by dane_zu on August 03, 2006)

iknow I live in illinois....but I thought that the weather would be too cold for them in wisconsin??

no no no, it is warm and hot in Wisconsin too, its not cold all the time(it was 107 degrees a day or two ago) and I find them in the northern part of the states aswell, heres were my location is...
at the red dot
http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps/fr454.gif

(Message edited by dane_zu on August 04, 2006)

Gorgeous frogs there. We have hundreds of them calling from a small pond right next to our apartment. That super heat wave at the beginning of the week was insane! The rain afterwards brought a lot of these guys though!

Yeah I was disapointed the only time I heard them all year was at camp and upnorth, but then when we had them hardcore storms they called again, and thats when I found this beast

I found one of these in my house covered in dog hair. I think one of my dogs brought it in. I love it and it changes colors all the time!! I want to find another one and keep them in a cage together. I think they are so cool. I want a male one because they have this thing that pops out on their neck. I live in Northern Kentucky so you can find them here too.

I have never seen a wild tree frog in my life and I live in northeast Illinois and frequently go to southern Wisconsin. Oh well, I just saw my first wild snake (a garter) a few months ago.

Gray treefrogs are actually quite resilient in cold temperatures, and are also found in Canada. They will bury themselves in the dirt during hibernation and will actually become frozen during the coldest parts of the year, then thaw out and "come back to life" when it starts to heat up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back