Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls in Norfolk??

suitable4frank

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reliable place to buy axolotls in Norfolk, England?
A popular place people recommend is cherry lane, but whenever I've gone there the poor little things are in horrific conditions and my parents simply won't allow me to rescue the poor little things as "they will be a waste of money"
So if anyone knows any breeders in the area it would be really lovely to know!!

batty

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in suffolk and just had some of my eggs hatch. It's my first time raising babies but if I'm successful I will be selling them

suitable4frank

Reaction score
For future reference for anyone: swallow aquatics has lots and lots of lotls.
Apparently no one wants to buy the wild type ones though, so when I went and had a look today there were lots of wild types in a small tank fighting with one another and with lots of stumps instead of legs.
Apart from that, they are all very very healthy and the store colleagues were incredibly helpful and knew what they were doing.
I love it when you go to garden centres/pet shops and they actually know what they're talking about, it really points out the good places and shames the bad places.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1