Axolotl Food from Amazon?

Boxolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where I live none of the pet shops sell axolotl food and so I am stuck using the internet as my shopping cart. I was wondering if there is any well known/decently priced food that I can buy for my axies, the breeder I am buying them from is feeding them "nightcrawlers" currently and over time I am going to wain them off of the nightcrawlers and on to pellets.

https://www.amazon.com/Invert-Aquat...=axolotl+food&qid=1562791362&s=gateway&sr=8-2

these are the pellets i use when my worm bin needs a break, warning: they smell like fish so much that the dog always begs when i pull them out :grin:
they soften pretty quick once they hit the water so i recommend using a siphon or turkey baster to remove any uneaten pellets, im still unsure about serving size so i feed about 5-8 pellets to my 6in juveniles depending on how hungry they seem.

https://www.amazon.com/Invert-Aquat...=axolotl+food&qid=1562791362&s=gateway&sr=8-2

these are the pellets i use when my worm bin needs a break, warning: they smell like fish so much that the dog always begs when i pull them out :grin:
they soften pretty quick once they hit the water so i recommend using a siphon or turkey baster to remove any uneaten pellets, im still unsure about serving size so i feed about 5-8 pellets to my 6in juveniles depending on how hungry they seem.

Thank you for the link, I'll give them a try

I will also try any other pellets in other replies....

Thank you for the link, I'll give them a try

I will also try any other pellets in other replies....

the axolotl subreddit is a little more active for these sort of questions, i think the popularity of axolotls has gone down in recent years so this site can be a bit of a ghost town.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back