Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

yay another toad

gcollin

Reaction score
Last night while i was playing video games i saw something hopping in my window cell, it turned out to be a bufos americanus. So i caught him and put him in with my other toads.
it is a plump little guy, looks like he is only a couple of months old, but so cute :p.

lol Well i just wanted to tell somebody.

-Collin

Fumi

Reaction score
I'd love to see some photos! I've only had my first Ambystoma mexicanum (axolotl) for just over a week and I already seem to have the amphibian bug. The bug that makes me want more that is ;)

I really like the Ceratophrys cornuta and many of the newts I've seen have been fascinating.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If all of the toads came from the same neighborhood, I don't think quarantine is a big issue. However, I would certainly say that it would be better for the local toad population if you had taken it out of the window well and released it nearby. Cute or not, do you really need another toad? When you take an animal out of the wild, you are making a long-term commitment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1