My rescue axies

C

caitlyn

These are the axies i've rescued in the previous month (with the exeption of the gold one - he is just in quarantine), and their tank
happy.gif
The closeups are them in a container since i put them in the fridge, cause there is no way to cool the tank.

52605.jpg
52606.jpg

52607.jpg
52608.jpg

52609.jpg

That's a very very light yellow wildtype, very cool. Looks a little skinny, but I have faith.

very nice axies! Is that orangey kind of gills i see on the light wildtype that Joan was talking about???
If so - thats awesome!!! Beautiful colours!

yes his gills are sort of a peach colour, but during feeding time they go bright orangeish pink, its quite original
happy.gif
He used to have a red eye but that has dissapeared since i got him from the pet shop - no idea why. Eye infection maybe?

probably not, i was just reading about some oscars who were bought with red eyes and they turned black later... might be the same thing?

That's a golden albino, the one in quarantine is a very light coloured wild type. See the black eyes compared to the pink ones? The yellow axie in quarantine is actually mine now (bought it from her)

I wish I could find that log here in the states, beautiful tank! Yellow wild type is very unique
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back